Monday, October 5, 2009

DYI Mania

Are you a Do It Yourself-er?  Me too!!!  
Here I have compiled a couple DYI sites that you are sure to enjoy - I know I do!

I recently come across a group that combines Unique DYI projects and low cost materials, called Dollar Store Crafts.

Most materials used in each project, you can usually find at your local Dollar Store!!!  I have been having so much fun the past few days going through all their archived projects and have come across some darling and odd projects.  Take a look below to so see some of these Projects I fell in love with:

Make Oversized Faux Cupcakes


So I love this, but I don't know what I would do with it.. I'm thinking either waiting for my daughter's 3rd birthday next September and using them as decorations.... OR maybe I can turn it into her Halloween costume this year?!?! Maybe make my son an ice cream cone to match?!?!

Make a Faux Leather Bottle  /  Make a Faux LeatherPicture Frame


 

 

I decided to try the bottle first, and it turned out awesome.  



Make a Starburst Mirror 


I can't wait to try this one out!

Another really great DYI site that I love is Threadbanger.



They always have neat ideas for everything from Clothing to Home Decor. I love love love this site!!!  Check out these projects: (sorry no pics to upload)

Make Spats!

Make a Cycling Cap!

How to Fuse Plastic Bags into a Laptop Case!

Make a Bike Chain Bracelet!


I hope you enjoy these sites as much as I did.  

Now lets get our DIY on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment